Indian Head Massage
I offer a full treatment which lasts about 45 minutes or a shorter 30 minute session focussing on particular areas
45 minute session £30
30 minute focussed session £20
On your first visit allow an extra 15 minutes for your initial consultation
About Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage has been practised in India for over 3000 years. Using herbs, spices and aromatic oils, this lovely holistic therapy encourages the body’s natural healing abilities. It works by finding points on the head, face, neck and shoulders, where pressure rubbing and manipulations are most effective.
How it works
The head, neck and shoulders are important energy centres within the body. Life energy flows within us, and by working in the channels it flows through, or specific points, the energy can be brought to balance. Stress can build up in these areas, and massage can help clear blockages and release tension. It works on a physical and emotional level.
The massage increases blood flow to the head, neck and shoulders. This helps to:-
- Nourish tissues to encourage healing
- Improve the condition of the skin
- Helps stimulate hair growth
- Aid elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products through lymphatic flow
- Stimulate immunity and detoxification of the body
- Relax muscle/nerve fibres, relieving muscle tension and fatigue
- Increase flexibility and posture
- Increase the supply of oxygen to the brain, helping relieve mental fatigue, promote clearer thinking, improve concentration, alertness and increase productivity
- Relieve tension headaches and eyestrain
- Promote relaxation, create calmness and tranquillity
- Release anxiety
- Release endorphins from the brain, relieving pain and feelings of depression
- Encourage the release of stagnant energy, restoring energy flow to the body to help create a feeling of balance and calm
Can anyone have Indian Head Massage?
There are some contra indications to having Indian Head Massage. This means that it is not advised to have a treatment if you have any of the following:-
- Head/neck injury or surgery
- High Temperature/fever/cold/flu
- Infectious diseases
- Recent Haemorrhage
The following conditions require a doctor’s advice before seeking treatment
- Nervous system disorders
- Heart conditions
- High/low blood pressure
- Recent surgery
- Thrombosis or Embolism
A drink of water will always be offered during or after your treatment. This helps with the detoxification process by flushing out toxins that may have been in the body for some time.
It is recommended that you continue to drink water or herbal teas in the days following your treatment, and try to avoid caffeinated and alcoholic drinks as this will just re introduce toxins and will dehydrate the body.
Try to avoid stress directly after a treatment, go home if you can, relax and keep warm.
Timing of your treatment can be important if you want to get the maximum benefit possible.
Eat a lighter diet to avoid a feeling of heaviness and possible nausea
After a treatment clients can expect to
experience a good night’s sleep, have improved concentration, clearer thinking
and greater alertness the next day.